WPPC Wollaston Prisms
- Wollaston prisms are one of birefringent polarization element made of natural calcite crystal that is a rhombohedral crystalline form of calcium carbonate (CaCO3).
- Unpolarized input beam is split into two linearly polarized beams which polarizations are orthogonal each other. The separation angles of the two beams are approximately symmetrical about the optical axis. The beam separation angles of the two beams are available from 5, 10, 15 and 20 degrees.
- The beam displacement of e-ray is in proportion to the length of the component.
- Calcite crystal is mounted in a black finished brass housing for protection and convenience.
- Since a calcite prism might be mounted in the housing in inclined, the optical axes of these polarizers should be adjusted when they are mounted on opto-mechanics.
- The separation angle changes slightly according to the wavelength of input beam.
- These products should be handled with care because calcite crystal is very soft and can be easily damaged.
- Be sure to wear laser safety goggles when checking optical path and adjusting optical axis.
|Wavelength Range||300nm - 2.2μm|
|Housing||Black Finished Brass|
|Extinction Ratio of s-polarization||1 x 10－ 5|