DOP Dove Prisms
- Dove prisms are one of image rotators. A beam enter this prism is inverted its image by 180 degrees. And if the prism is rotated around the optical axis, the image will rotate at twice the rate of rotation.
- Normally Dove prisms reflect the beam with the function of total internal reflection based on critical angle and the field angle is limited. Therefore it is important to keep the outside of reflective surface clean and to use with collimated beams.
- The optical axes of Dove prisms should be adjusted when they are mounted on opto-mechanics. If the center axis or the rotation axis of the prism deviates from the optical axis, the image will not be rotated in correct.
- Every edge of these prisms is chamfered (beveled) for chipping prevention. The dimensions of these prisms are values not including chamfer.
- Be sure to wear laser safety goggles when checking optical path and adjusting optical axis.
|Surface quality||20 - 10|
|Clear aperture||90% of Ellipse to Actual for entrance and exit surface|